If you wish to appeal a finding of “responsible” at the informal hearing, you may request a formal hearing. In order to be scheduled for a formal hearing, you must post a cash bond in the amount of the fine for the offense on which you were found responsible at the informal hearing. The formal hearing is held before a judge. All parties may be represented by an attorney. The judge will listen to testimony by both parties and find you either "not responsible" or "responsible." If the judge finds you responsible, your cash bond will be applied to pay fines, costs, and assessments. If you are found not responsible, your bond may be returned to you.  If required, the Court will report the finding to the Secretary of State, and points may be added to your driving record.