If you are unable to reach a plea agreement with the City Attorney, you may request an informal hearing. The informal hearing is held before a Judge or magistrate. The police officer who issued the citation will be present. No attorneys will be present. Both you and the police officer will have the opportunity to offer testimony, after which the Judge or magistrate will render a judgment of “responsible” or “not responsible”. If you are found responsible, you will be assessed fines and costs. Fines and costs are due on the date they are assessed. If required, the Court will report the finding to the Secretary of State, and points may be added to your driving record.